Monday, July 20, 2009

Crazy Love

about a week ago i finished reading the book crazy love. it was such a good book! if you havent read it i encourage you to! but there was something in it that really convicted me. im done with school in 2 months and then i have to find a job and start a life of my own. so reading this book was perfect timing, as God tends to work :) one of the chapters talked about money and then one about living a life that is totally dependent upon God. they both really hit me. i actually feel lucky that i have so little money to my name right now. i have the opportunity to start MY life right. and i love the adventure that i feel like is before me. ive had plans in my head of how things are going to go once i graduate but after reading this book i have come to realize that His plans always trump my own. i heard a quote recently that i really liked, it was this,

"Gods plans are always bigger than our comfort zones....which one do think is gonna have to change?"

God certainly isnt gonna change his plans because we dont feel comfortable. our "comfort" is not exactly God's first priority. His glory is! so i have decided that i am going to go with Him. im not sure where that is going to take me at this point but i know that my future is going to involve a lot of trust that God is going to provide. i want my life to become one that is totally dependent on God. and starting out, at least, i want to be put in a place where i have to believe that God is going to provide! i want to struggle trying to support myself financially. i just know that being on my own for a little is going to put my relationship with God on a new level of trust and meaning. and as far as money.....i think it has potential to get in the way of the relationship i want with God. so im leaving it in his hands to bless me with money if he thinks im wise enough to handle it. at this point i dont feel like i am.


but in Crazy Love there was a chapter that just had peoples names and their stories. these were stories of hearts that CHOSE to depend on God on a daily basis and it was soooo cool to see what the Lord has done with a dependent heart. there were stories of people who lived crazy lives! the adventures of these people were so out there and just not normal. so anyway, i guess with this i want to encourage you to just live crazy love! it doesnt matter where you are in life. you can always decide to give it all up to Him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment