Monday, July 20, 2009

The Body

i wanted to start writing blogs because i read a blog of a friend of mine who just got back from Africa. hearing about her experience and everything that she learned made me really want to start sharing the things on my heart because i was so encouraged by what she said. so im calling my blog heart notes. my main goal in these blogs is to encourage and spur on the Body of Christ. i hope and pray that the words i share on this are not my own and not for my gain. i want the Lord to be glorified through what i write. i also hope that if you are encouraged you would let me know :)

the first thing i want to write about is the Body because i know that it can be such a beautiful thing. i see bits and peices of its potential every now and then but its just not enough. there is so much power when Gods Church comes together unified. i wanted to write about the Body because i need it right now. when you are surrounded by people who love you and love the Lord it is so encouraging. you feel like you can do anything because you have their support. and honestly right now i feel deprived. i can only imagine the amount of people out there that feel it more than me right now. i know im blessed with friends and family that love me but there are so many people out there that dont have that. feeling the way i do on this lonely weekend makes me want to reach out and love people all the more. i have recently been "considering" a tatoo to get that would be something that reminds me of the Lord and what i should always strive towards. and i found a picture of a heart that had designs that flowed out beyond the initial shape and it just struck me. our hearts should be so full of Gods love that we have no choice but to overflow to the people around us. i have seen in the past year how huge loving people is. it makes a statement! but i know that when i dont have encouragement from the Body it fades. there was a point a little while ago where people kept asking me if i was ok? nothing was wrong necessarily but i realised that the joy that the Lord gives me and that my friends give me had been sparse. this is not a blow to my friends in any way, because a friendship is a 2 way street, but i wasnt investing in my friendships that i really do care so much about and so they didnt really return back to me. and i realised that it showed. i looked defeated. and that is not something that i want to portray to people that dont know Christs' love. i should always be joyful because when people see joy, they see hope. we need hope in our lives because so many people just dont have it. they feel defeated. please join me in striving to encourage other believers and build up the Kingdom of God! i know there is power in the Body. now prove it :)

1 comment: