Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Who is your God?

in the past couple years of my life i have really been trying to figure out what a life, following God, looks like. obviously i want people to see how wonderful this God is that i follow and being a living example of that has shown to be one of the most effective ways for people to see that. not talk but action. but its been a trip having a good balance of me and God where i'm playing my part and He's playing His.
i've done the "good" route where i make all the right choices and do my best to follow every rule, but that ends up pushing God to the side cause i think i got things going fine on my own.....until i don't. and in the process everybody wants to smack me cause im "soooo" good and i hide my faults trying to keep God name good, like he needs my help there.
and then i've done the lazy route where i just know God has everything in control and so it doesn't matter what I do cause everything is going turn out the way its supposed to anyway. but then i end up feeling empty, my life has no purpose and nobody see's anything different about my life. and when that happens God doesn't get the glory that His name deserves and when we don't give Him the glory He deserves, i think we forget the kind of God that He is! so then, whats the point of loving a mediocre God?
i think there is beautiful harmony that happens when we finally get real and find the balance. because it is neither all our responsibility or all Gods. God is God and He is constant. He is never going to change. He loves His people and His grace is abundant. overflowing!!! He is holy and deserves praise. and He meets our needs. He is doing His part and waits for His people to pursue seeking their role. the first step is coming to Him willing and then following in obedience. when we stop ignoring His soft voice and listen to what He has to say about our worth and what He has for us, we begin to trust Him more and more. so many people in this world settle on things that are just ok because they have drowned out the voice of the One who says they are worth more. even christians do this! i've done this! but i'm done settling. God's promises are true and so i continue to follow Him because He knows what is best for my heart and if mine stays aligned with His then our desires line up and so as long as i'm following God i will have everything my heart longs for because God is good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment