Saturday, October 23, 2010

our yoke

i had SUCH a cool realization today about what this verse means! once again, i'm continuing through matthew and the very end of chapter 11 jesus says,"come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and i will give you rest. take my yoke upon you. let me teach you, because i am humble and gentle, and you will find rest for your souls. for my yoke fits perfectly, and the burden i give you is light." for a while i have known that it is not talking about egg yoke here. it is referring to what cattle or humans wear so that they are able to stay close and carry the heavy weight they are carrying easier. they share the load, they're close, they are working together to get through it easier. i never thought about the fact that by taking HIS yoke we are BOTH in it. we are walking side by side. He makes the hard things easier and heavy things lighter because He is right there helping me through it. just a nugget but SO encouraging! i have been reminded a lot lately by just how faithful God is. when things on this earth disappoint me, hurt me, let me down etc. i am reminded that God is constant. constantly good...holy...faithful...loving...perfect...and more than worthy of my praise! that is the kind of God that i live for and trust! i love knowing that my God is unwavering.

No comments:

Post a Comment